Spring seems to just keep on teasing us. It shows up for a day, maybe two, and then disappears quickly only for winter to take center stage again. I’m used to spring being consistently more warm by the time April strikes, but New England won’t have any of that. So for those of you in the same boat as I am, desperate for warm air on your skin, here are a few ways I like to indulge myself when spring seems so far away.
1. Pour yourself an ice cold diet coke and drink it with a straw. I don’t know about you, but nothing feels more like summer than sipping on a diet coke.
2. Find that music that makes you think of driving with the windows down without a care in the world. For me, that’s “Dark Haired Darling” by Josh Bales. I can feel my skin warming up already.
3. Paint your nails a bright color. Even if your skin isn’t as tan as you’d like to imagine, there’s just something warm about those bright colors you haven’t seen for a while. I painted my toenails a mint color yesterday and I even broke out a pair of Rainbows. I know, right?
4. Do something spontaneous. Grab your friend and go on a scavenger hunt, take your husband out for frozen yogurt (eat it inside, of course!), or play hookie from work or school and take a day trip to a nearby town you haven’t visited quite enough.
5. And if you really need a pick-me-up… live vicariously through your friends who live in Florida or California. I have to admit that this time of year… I love them, but I hate them. I’m Skyping one of those friends tomorrow and hoping her warm weather rubs off on me!
Happy spring-fever, everyone!