I’m going to be really honest here. Sometimes I feel like I’m overflowing with dreams and I can’t hold onto them long enough to make them a reality. I feel so pulled in every direction it’s hard to even know where to start.
Well, I know where to start. It starts with being intentional about my time. My life here is so short – in a blink it will be gone, and the last thing I want to do is spend it being lazy, watching too much TV or complaining about everyone around me.
I want to dream big dreams, chase them and encourage my friends to do the same. I want to love Jacob well and lead him in loving Christ beyond anything else. I want to do things. So today I’m sharing the 10 secret dreams (some not-so-secret) that I’m committing to making a reality in my life. Won’t you dare to dream a little and share yours, too?
1. Write a book.
2. Start a band. Write and record music and play as much as we can.
3. Love my job.
4. Memorize an entire book of Scripture.
5. Write music for my church.
6. Mentor other women in pursuing their dreams and believing the gospel.
7. See the world.
8. Live honestly, transparently, and with freedom from the bondage of others’ approval.
9. Love my husband wildly and devotedly.
10. Grow every day, no matter how (seemingly) little. I want to be changed, molded, and crafted into the very nature of Christ himself. That doesn’t happen accidentally.
Tell me, what are your secret dreams? What do you want to do in your life? Don’t be shy! Don’t be scared! Writing it out is the first step to realizing you can make it happen.
I’d love to cheer you on.