– the way your sweet smile slowly spreads across your lips and into your eyes when you see us smiling down at you
– the way your lower lip pouts out and your cheeks puff up when you finish nursing and are drifting into dreamland
– your little wrist rolls
– the way your fingers fold around mine while you sit in your car seat or on my lap
– when you lie down for tummy time and raise your little head like a pro, swinging from left to right to check out your surroundings
– how you love it when we wipe your drool from your face, giving us a big grin every time only to replace it with more drool
– the way your little body teeters from side to side when you do your “superman” during tummy time. I am anxiously awaiting your first roll over!
– your talkative coos, groans and prolonged murmurs. You love to participate when others are talking around you!
– your morning stretches – you still love to stretch like nobody’s business when you first wake up! You make yourself as long as possible with your arms and legs straight as boards, squish your little chin down and totally change the shape of your face! It is hilarious and adorable.
– your lower lashes have started growing! It totally surprised me the other day because I hadn’t even noticed they had started, but they are peeking out! Your upper lashes are still amazingly long and curled… So pretty!!
– you love smacking your lips and sucking on them with your tongue. You’re always sucking on your lips!
– the way you push up on your legs when we hold you to our chests while we sit down. You love to stand on your legs and show off your strength!
– you still hate being in the car, but I think we’ve finally figured out you just don’t like being alone in the backseat! If mommy sits back there with you, you are so much more agreeable.
– you’ve started grasping objects and I love watching your fingers open and close while you discover.
– your preferences have changed so much since you were born! At first you liked being held cradle style at all times, then chest to chest on our shoulders and now you still like the shoulder position, but when we are sitting and holding you, you prefer to face out to see what’s going on!
Adeline, we still think you’re the bees knees. We love watching you discover the world around you and spend soooo much time repeating your funny baby sounds and faces back to you. We are so thankful to be your parents and can’t believe how quickly time is passing already. You are such a happy baby!